Tuesday, July 10, 2018

"What, you may wonder, is a TRP channel?

Originally shared by Barb Kueber

"What, you may wonder, is a TRP channel? TRP stands for transient receptor potential. These are channels in cells that shuttle ions of crucial elements like calcium or potassium where they need to be. Sensory neurons have TRPA1 channels that help them detect harmful substances (Sousa-Valente et al, British Journal of Pharmacology, May 2014). When limonene is applied directly to the skin, it activates the TRPA1 channels and causes pain, but “systemic application” inhibits pain (Kaimoto et al, European Journal of Pain, Aug. 2016). Presumably, keeping the soap close to the leg permits the limonene to act systemically.

Other essential oil components may also have analgesic activity (de Cassia da Silveira et al, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Dec. 9, 2017). Like limonene, they may well be acting through TRP channels.

Researchers have confirmed that TRP channels are important in the development of neuropathy (Ding et al, Cell Discovery, Aug. 1, 2017). That would help explain the benefit of soap for neuropathy. So far as we can tell, no scientists have investigated whether TRP channels are responsible for RLS." https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2018/04/30/skeptic-discovers-benefit-of-soap-for-neuropathy/
https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2018/04/30/skeptic-discovers-benefit-of-soap-for-neuropathy/

1 comment:

  1. I would Not wish gabapentin on my worse enemy ! the Dr gave me that crap for sciatica took it every 8 hours, it did not help, but it kept me Drunk and incoherently unable to make logical decisions, then I got sick and unsure of the reason, I took myself off the med for a few days then ended up in hospital with my blood septus and a Bad migraine , the evil nurse forced me Back on it and gave it to me Wrong, she gave
    me 3 doses in a 8 hour period instead of 24 hr period without me realizing it for 3 days because she closed me off in a room pasted out, for 3 days ! and when I realized it and complained I was thrown in ICU and blamed for it, the med should not be on the market in my opinion, it is Dangerous....

    ReplyDelete